Allied prisoners of World War II (POW’s) playing Water Polo on 1943, during one of the regular "Carnival Days" held by the prisoners of “Stalag 383”. This reservoir (pool) was used for swimming, but the water was not changed in three years. The camp was situated at the foot of the Bavarian Alps, Hohenfefs, near Munich. This German POW was a special non-work camp for non-commissioned officers (NCOs) from October 1942.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.