Water Polo match at the outdoor Olympic pool of "Zappeion", Athens in 1950. The "Zappeion" pool , property of the Hellenic Olympic Committee, has been designed by the architect P.Tzanetos, following the decision of the Greek authorities to enhance swimming and Water Polo. It's construction has been concluded in 1940, just prior of World War II and up to 1980 it has been one of the few swimming pools in Greece. The "Zappeion Pool" is located near the "Stiles Olympiou Dios" (Pillars of Olympian Zeus), close to the Acropolis of Athens.
Source: 100 years of Greek Olympic History; Hellenic Olympic Committee
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.